A woman fears getting killed by her abusive husband and applies to the court to help her. Normally I would not have a problem with that. I would probably teach her how to handle a gun safely.
I would also instruct her in some quick tactical methods to protect herself in case the police do not respond to a 911 call in time. Unless they are already at her door, they would not be able to arrive in time to thwart a husband who decided to kill his wife. Even if they were at her door, they could be too late, as it takes only seconds or less to be killed. Read more »
Here are two stories that prove you cannot pass enough laws to legislate crazy behavior. In fact, if someone really wants to do something, from a mass shooting to crashing planes into buildings to biting out someone’s eyes, no laws will stop this behavior.
Take shootings, for example. There are already laws against murder and attempted murder. If you take away the guns from everyone, the criminals will not obey the law and we only create a target-rich environment for the crazy criminals. Read more »
In Part 1, I covered Davon Crawford’s convictions for violent crimes and his disregard of all gun laws. Let’s take just a few of the Federal gun laws and apply them to this case.
- It is illegal for a felon (remember the voluntary manslaughter conviction made him a felon) to be in possession of a handgun. [18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(1)] = 10 years
- It is illegal for a felon to possess ammunition. [18 U.S.C. § 922(g)] = 10 years
- It is illegal to use a gun in a crime of violence [18 U.S.C. § 924(c)(1)(A)] = 5 years
- It is illegal for a felon to brandish a weapon [18 U.S.C. § 924(c)(1)(A)] = 7 years
- It is illegal for a felon to discharge a firearm. [18 U.S.C. § 924(c)(1)(A)] = 10 years Read more »
Cleveland, Ohio just had a horrific, senseless killing that slaughtered innocent children along with blameless adults. The Brady Campaign Against Gun Violence (Affectionately known as the Brady Bunch) and their friendly bull dog, the Violence Policy Center (VPC) will be sure to exploit this massacre.
They will cry out for stricter gun laws, lower capacity magazines, one gun a month restrictions and whatever else that they think they can get away with. Even if they lose, they look at each trial and lawsuit as an opportunity to talk their lies and trash about firearms of any sort. They will also claim these killings could have been prevented if their version of “sensible gun laws” had been adopted. Read more »